Monday, June 24, 2013

CVs

Hallo. How are you? Good? Yeah, me too.

I had an extremely long day! I was forming superman - flying from one lab to the other saving the world with contaminated nanotubes and solar cells. And then, my supervisor banned me from contacting him every other day. And then, I was sent to a dungeon lab with heavy metals everywhere looking for heads to drop on. Dem no see me oo! Well, on the bright side, there hasn't been any more explosions and I'm finally getting some reasonable results. Progress!

I have a question. Is there any medical term that sounds like 'Curriculum Vitae Phobia'? I think I have it. Any time I hear those words, I cringe. How can an adult that claims to be educated  be scared of writing a common CV? It gets even more confusing when Résumé is mentioned. During my NYSC days, I attended seminars, bought books (I never read them though) with the aim of learning how to write some kick-ass CVs, but still as blank as ever. I know that I am not an olodo, why can't my brain accommodate the art of writing CVs? Hey Docs or Pharms or Junkies, are there any anti-phobia drugs in the market yet? Please help a sister.

I'm sure you are wondering why I'm talking about CVs, well, I dey find scholarship for PhD. Please, if you have a sister or brother that knows the cousin of the son of the fourth wife of the uncle of anybody that can recommend me to any award board, please, drop a name for me. I may not know how to write a CV but I think I can conduct an academic research. HELP ME PLEASE!!

Back to CVs! They may be fearsome but some people do know how to make everything fun! Check out some pretty funny CVs or Résumés or job applications I've seen on the internet on my quest for CVs to plagiarize.
A commenter added,  ''If you'd like, I can exhume the corpse and we can examine it together at your earliest convenience. I have several industrial-strength shovels and a panel van full of antique surgical equipment. I've also taken the liberty of monitoring the house of the deceased manager's family in the unlikely event of his return. Anyway, I'm actually not very qualified for the job itself, but, as you can see, I'm eager to learn. In fact you can literally see it, because I'm standing outside your office window holding the aforementioned shovels. Let's go.''





Don't you just love humans?

3 comments:

  1. lol....U have all dis and U still searching for tips on CV's?
    Just pick one n end ur quest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming Up with a Drop Dead CV usually make many of us FLIP OUT, but not to worry cos u've got all it takes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the best way to start is to start.....

    ReplyDelete